Joomla Webmaster in Palermo
Joomla is one of the most used Open Source CMS (Content Management System) in the world and developed by a non-profit association called "Open Source Matters".
Joomla is developed in the PHP programming language and relies on the MySQL database.
Like many CMS, Joomla is also divided into two parts:
- frontend, the part dedicated to site visitors
- backend, the part that houses the control panel with which it is possible to manage a large part of the website
One of the features of Joomla is to have a very large community that creates extensions such as modules, components, plugins and templates almost all created with an Open Source license, giving at Joomla the ability to increase its features.
One of Joomla's strengths is to have tools to create multilingual websites optimized for search engines.
Joomla is a multi-award winning CMS. Following the list of awards that Joomla has received in recent years:
- 2005: Best Linux / Open Source Project
- 2006: Open Source Content Management System Award
- 2006: Best Linux / Open Source Project
- 2007: Best PHP Open Source Content Management System
- 2008: Open Source CMS Most Valued Person
- 2009: Open Source CMS Most Valued Person
- 2010: Packt Open Source Awards
- 2011: Best Source Content Management System Award
- 2012: Infoworld Bossie Awards - Best Open Source Application
- 2014: Best Open Source PHP CMS - CMS Critic Awards
- 2015: Best Free CMS - CMS Critic Awards
- 2016: Best Free CMS - CMS Critic Awards
- 2017: Best Free CMS - CMS Critic Awards
- 2018: CMS Critic People's Choice Awards - Best Free CMS